Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pirate Perimeter...ARRGGGG!!

As a follow-up activity to my lesson on area and perimeter I handed out pirate task cards to each group. The kiddos love any and every activity that doesn't involve a workbook! The cards are differentiated with easier tasks for my lower groups and more challenging tasks for my higher groups.

The cards can be used for finding both - area and perimeter, or for finding just area, or just perimeter. I cut them out and laminated them for future use. You can download your copy HERE.



In addition to the task cards, each student received a matching recording sheet. Two sheets are included for each set of cards. One recording sheet is for area and the other recording sheet is for perimeter.



This student used the red cards to solve for area...


And this student also used the red cards, but solved for perimeter...



You can download your copy HERE too.

2 comments :

  1. Your area and perimeter task cards are adorable!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love this... I went to go download it and couldn't find it. Can you send it to me at mrspoland.class@gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete